Intro to managing your money
1. Tech job? Congrats, you're rich!
If you work in tech, you may be richer than you think. This article introduces the basics to put your wealth in perspective.
2. Growing your wealth exponentially with compounding
Just saving money isn't enough to secure a financial future. This article introduces the idea of investment returns and compounding interest.
3. Save now or regret it later
Saving early is as important as saving a lot. This article explains why "time in the market" is so important and such a good opportunity for tech workers.
4. If budgeting doesn't excite you, you're doing it wrong
Budgeting should be exciting. This article explains why tech workers should work towards their goals by using a budget strategically, not simply restricting spending.
5. How to make a budget that doesn't feel useless
Budgets are useless if they're not tailored to you. This article guides you through starting a budget with categories that reflect your unique goals and circumstances.
1. Investing during a recession (Part 1/3)
Investing in the stock market during a recession is scary. But a strategy of selling stocks after nerve-racking world events simply doesn't work.
2. Investing during a recession (Part 2/3)
The stock market is not the economy. Economic news reports can't be used to predict stock prices. And other things you can learn from Serena Williams and antique mirrors.
3. Investing during a recession (Part 3/3)
Investing is as much a pyschological exercise as a financial one. A little preparation can help you stick to your plan when panic hits.